By using LiteServer’s (“LiteServer”, “our”, “us” or “we”) products and services, you (“you”, “your”, “Client” or “Customer”) agree to comply with our policies.
WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR THE DATA AND CONTENT TRANSMITTED THROUGH OR TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY STORED ON OUR NETWORK OR ANY SERVER AND FOR THE ACTIONS OR OMISSION OF USERS.
1.1 The provisions of this AUP are intended as guidelines and are not meant to be exhaustive. Generally, conduct that violates law, regulation, or the accepted norms of the Internet community, whether or not expressly mentioned in this AUP, are prohibited. We reserve the right at all times to prohibit activities that damage our or our affiliates commercial reputation and goodwill. We will be the sole and final arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of our policies.
2. Illegal Usage
2.1 Our products and service may only be used for legal and lawful purposes. Transmission of, distribution of, storage of, or linking to any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights used without proper authorization, and material that is defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, violates export control laws, or is otherwise prohibited by NL law.
3.1 Customer may not (A) send e‐mail that in any way is or may be in breach of applicable Law; (B) send or propagate Spam and shall not allow its end users or third parties to send or propagate SPAM via customer’s IP addresses; (C) not send, propagate, or reply to mail bombs and shall not allow its end users or third parties to send or propagate mail bombs via customer’s IP addresses; or (D) alter the headers of e‐mail messages to conceal customer’s e‐mail address or to prevent receivers from responding to messages.
3.2 Unsolicited advertising mailings, whether commercial or informational, are strictly prohibited. Customer may send advertising material only to recipients that have specifically requested that material. Opt‐out mailings are, in view of the foregoing, prohibited. Customer shall refrain from sending further e‐mail to a recipient of its e‐mail after receiving a request to stop from such recipient.
3.3 More than 500 emails per 24 hours would be considered as bulk e-mail. Users who send mass mailings must maintain complete and accurate records of all consents and opt-ins and provide such records to LiteServer upon its request. If a user cannot provide positive and verifiable proof of such consents and opt-ins, we will consider the mass mailing to be unsolicited.
3.4 Customer shall refrain from any e‐mail activities that may result in the placement of customer or customer’s IP address(es) on a blacklist.
If, as a result of your actions, our mail servers or IP address ranges are placed on black hole lists or other mail filtering software systems, your service may be suspended and possibly terminated upon review. If we deem your account at risk for repeated AUP infractions, we may suspend and/or terminate all services on it.
4. Network Connectivity
4.1 LiteServer can absorb and tolerate occasional DDoS attacks, but customer’s who are targeted with frequent and/or disruptive attacks can be suspended or terminated upon review.
4.2 Customer’s may not use our network and services to send DDoS attacks or other kind of floods, any kind of abusive network usage may result in suspension and/or termination.
5. Hardware Resource Usage (VPS services)
5.1 Client agrees not to run any processes on his or her VPS which use the equivalent of 50% or more of all available CPU capacity for an extended period of time. As an example, a VPS with four (4) cores assigned may not use more then two (2) full CPU cores for an extended period of time. An exception on this are VPSes with one (1) CPU core assigned – these may use all available CPU capacity. An extended period of time will generally mean two (2) hours, but will depend upon the CPU load and level of impact on other clients sharing the physical server. Disruptive CPU usage may result in a reboot, shutdown, and/or suspension of the VPS regardless of the time lapse involved.
6.1 Violations of our system or network security are strictly prohibited, and may result in criminal and civil liability. Our servers and networks may not be used for:
1) – Introducing or executing malicious programs into any network or server, such as viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, and key loggers.
2) – Causing or initiating security breaches or disruptions of network communication and/or connectivity, including port scans, flood pings, email-bombing, packet spoofing, IP spoofing, and forged routing information.
3) – Executing any form of network activity that will intercept data not intended for your server.
4) – Evading or circumventing user authentication or security of any host, network or account, including cracking, brute-force, or dictionary attacks; interfering with or denying service to any user, host, or network other than your host, such as a denial of service attack or distributed denial of service attack.
5) – Conduct designed to avoid restrictions or access limits to specific services, hosts, or networks, including the forging of packet headers or other identification information.
6) – Soliciting the performance of any illegal activity, even if the activity is not performed; or using any program, or sending messages of any kind, designed to interfere with or disable a users terminal session.
7. Commonly Questioned Uses
7.1 Permitted Uses (The following uses are permidded as long they are comply with the rest of our AUP):
- Adult material (legal content)
- Audio and Video streaming
- Gameservers *
- IRC Clients *
- Torrent (personal/legal usage only – seedboxes need to be limited on HDD VPS Plans)
- TOR relay (exit nodes are in some cases allowed – please contact our support department if you want to host an exit node)
* May result in suspension and/or termination in case DDoS attacks are attracted.
7.2 Strictly Prohibited Uses (The following uses are strictly prohibited and may result in immediate termination):
- Child Pornography
- Crypto coin mining
- Counterfeit / Fake / Replica product websites
- Exploit / Vulnerability scanning
- Grid computing (Folding / Hentai @ home and equivelants)
- Open/unsecured DNS resolvers
- SPAM bots
- Stress / Flood tools
Last updated: 20 November 2019